Stafford Borough Council
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of a Councillor
For the Area of Hopton and Coton Parish
To be held on Thursday, 14 April 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
- An election is to be held for a Councillor for the said Parish.
- Nomination papers may be obtained, during normal office hours, from the Returning Officer at the address shown below.
- Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the offices of Stafford Borough Council, at the address shown below, on any day after the date of this notice, during normal office hours but not later than 4pm on Friday, 18 March 2022.
- If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 14 April 2022 between the hours of 07:00 and 22:00.
- Electors should take note that the deadline for new applications to vote by post or to change existing postal or proxy arrangements e.g. cancellation or re-direction etc. must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5pm on Wednesday, 30 March 2022 if they are to be effective for this election.
- New applications to vote by proxy must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday, 6 April 2022.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 14 April 2022. The physical capacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday 6 April 2022. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday 6 April 2022.